2010년 10월 24일 일요일

Temple Cuisine in New York


Following is a video of "temple cuisine in NYC"




In September 2010, I was flown from Korea to New York to give a speech promoting Korean Buddhist temple cuisine. The event was called “Experience Korean Temple Cuisine,” and it invited politicians, celebrities and media. I’m not sure how effective the event was at promoting vegetarian Buddhist cuisine, but it was a good time. I think some of the people in charge on the Korean side were mostly concerned about having politicians and “famous” people at the event rather than the food press, which would have made the message more effective.
As a result, the only print article I read about the event made more bones about the presence of embattled and disgraced congressman Charlie Rangle, which killed any hopes of the organizers and the people working hard on the event to get their message out. You can get a little glimpse of Congressman Rangle in this little video I put together of the set up for the show. You can also see how this was so geared towards the Korean domestic press over its intended American audience. All the Korean press equipment was directly in front of big screens, covering up the English subtitles of the Korean speakers
I wasn’t able to take much video of the show itself because my speech was coming up, and I was nervous enough. So this is my tribute to the people who worked hard to make this a success.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기